Thursday, June 23, 2011


Rain, rain, rain..... to be with what is, quite a challenge! I know that there is absolutely nothing I can do about the weather and that it is useless to get upset about it. Yes, yes I know this, yet still my whole being longs after the sun. The winter up here in the north has been long, dark and cold, my vitamin D levels scream to be uplifted! It's supposed to be summer now, isn't it?

This is the hardest part about living in the far north, the climate, I'm not made for it - is anyone? Maybe a bit easier on the natives that haven't experienced anything else, but to me, a challenge every year! The longing after the sun is so great, therefor the disappointment when sun keeps hiding above the clouds is unavoidable. Would keeping the rain company with the tear-rain of the soul make me feel better?

What do i want, what do I need to make the internal sun shine so strong that the whether conditions don't affect me? I don't know but I will let you know if I find an answer!

The interesting thing is that I do love rain, the sound and the feel of rain, the fresh smell after a rainfall, feeling cleansed - but  I do wish for it to be mixed up with more sunshine and warm weather!

On the other hand - I do have a choice - do I want to focus on my weather longings or do I want to bathe in gratitude by bringing into my consciousness everything in my life that I have to be grateful for! I chose the latter as it makes my internal sun shine :) Ah, that's the answer I looked for!

Be gentle with yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment