Thursday, June 30, 2011

Staying in the moment

Happy travelers, Jessica, Emelie, Kalle, Tilda, Emil & Marica


Beautiful clear water





Sometimes it's easier to stay in the moment than others, to take a vacation from the "head-office" and it's constant stream of thoughts. Being here makes it really easy, it's like the sound of the ocean waves and the wind just cleanses my head and there's nothing but the beauty of the moment. Peace, deep grounded serenity and a gentle smile on my lips. I will take these moments and put them into the treasure chest of joyful moments and will hopefully be able to recall this energy when I'm all caught up in some kind of stress during the dark and cold winter-part of the year.

The owner of the apartment that Jessica & co. are renting said to me, every time I se you you smile and look so happy, why? I smiled and said how could I not when surrounded by beauty and kindness!
Well, it hasn't always been like this, at least not on the inside. What makes me so deeply grateful these days is that there is no discrepancy between what I show to the outside world and how my inner world looks like. Much to many years the face I showed smiled but on the inside i cried of pain and self-destruction as depression and self-hatered had me caught in a dark loop.

Thank god there was this light, this inner flame of hope that kept me alive, kept me believing that change was possible. I remember asking my therapist at the age of 25 how long she thought it would take for me to heal - she was a wise woman and answered that it was very individual - I'm glad that she didn't tell me that it would be a life-long journey.

Today 26 years later I know that there will be ups and downs but I'm not scared anymore. Depression is no longer a companion, I've traded it in for awakening which has a much better feeling to it! Today I have leant to be with what is, that he more I can fully experience the moment the happier I am. What a glorious gift! Some other day I'll share with you the tool that have taken me to where I am today. Be gentle with yourself, that's a very good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment