Saturday, July 9, 2011

Transitions




Yesterday we took the last farewell of my aunt Brita, I wish her a happy transition into eternity, and again got reminded of how short a human life is and how important it is to treasure the days we have here on earth. Even though my aunt passed at the age of 85 which isn't young - it's still not very long time on earth when considering the age of our universe.

So how can we make our lives longer? To me there is only one answer to that question: by living completely in the moment, by becoming aware of each heartbeat, each breath that strings together what we call life. Presence ,awareness and gratitude for what we have instead of getting trapped in negative thoughts and feelings of lack.

I am convinced that we do have choice and the power to affect our moment to moment state of being! Where do I want to put my attention? Can I acknowledge and feel what I want in each and every moment, and find peace in what is?

Today I choose to look at life as being perfect just the way it is - today I feel deep peace and gratitude for being alive!
Remember ... It's all worth it! Be gentle with yourself!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Yes! We can make our lives longer by living in the moment. An instant can last forever. "A day, as a thousand years." 2 Peter 3:8. I want our friendship and our love to last FOREVER JENNY!! It has AND it will!- :-) D

    ReplyDelete